Sunday, September 1, 2019

3A - Your Entrepreneurship Story

Since I was a child, I have always had a love for sports whether that be baseball, basketball, football, soccer, or even boxing. Like a lot of other children, I would collect trading cards of these sports as a way to bring myself closer to the game. As I continued to grow older, I realized that I would need to find some way to generate some money in order to continue to grow and improve my collection. This pushed me to start buying/selling/trading these trading cards from a monetary perspective, attempting to buy cards at a low price (when the athlete was not performing well) and later flip these cards when the athlete began to perform at a high level. What was a simple child’s hobby allowed me to develop an entrepreneurial mindset, allowing me to analyze data and trends, evaluate risks in buying/selling, and make decisions as to what my stance would be on certain players. My hustle buying/selling/trading sports cards expanded into sneakers and now the stock market. Utilizing platforms, such as eBay, I was able to take my hustle to the next level and transform it into a business opportunity that would allow me to generate revenue to support my college living.

This image displays how the PWCC 500 (trading index identifying the top 500 sports cards) has outperformed the S&P 500 over the last 10 years, showcasing the opportunity and growth that is possible in the sports card market.
Image result for baseball card outperform s&p

            I enrolled in ENT3003 to help further develop my entrepreneurial mindset and allow me to think of things with a different perspective. Entrepreneurs tend to have a special way of looking at the world around us and I believe that taking courses such as this one is a good way for people to expand their vision and view of the opportunities around us. I am hoping to expand my mindset and thought process with this class, allowing me to improve the way I operate my “side hustles” and open my eyes a bit more to see more of the opportunities that surround us in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment