Wednesday, October 9, 2019

14A - Halfway Reflection

1)    Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
a.     To keep up with the requirements of this course, I definitely have been sure to stay on top of all of my assignments through the Canvas calendar feature. This has allowed me to better manage my time and plan when I am going to complete each assignment. I think that has helped tremendously by reminding me of upcoming deadlines and also reminding me of the pace that this class runs at. I also make sure that I am reading the instructions/requirements for each assignment carefully as most of these assignments require some planning ahead of time and cannot just be completed an hour before the due date time.

2)    Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
a.     A moment when I felt like giving up had to be about 2-2.5 months ago when I actually was involved in an accident riding my bike and ended up breaking my tibia. I am very active and enjoy going to the gym and playing basketball/soccer so this injury was pretty significant in holding me back from doing those things. Going through the rehab, I felt like “giving up” because I felt like I wasn’t at the spot I wanted to be at and that no matter how hard I worked, I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. Even though I had doctors/therapists telling me my leg would never get back to 100%, I pushed through all of that and have just grinded through the struggle to get to where I wanted to be at physically. I have definitely come a long way and have shocked a lot of people with my rehab and I can accredit that to the attitude I developed in my rehab. I think that all of the adversity is just a mind-game and that by strengthening your mindset and attitude, you are putting yourself in a better position to overcome anything that comes your way.

3)    Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester’s student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the “tenacious mindset”?
a.     Tip #1) Take advantage of the Canvas calendar feature
                                               i.     I think that this feature is especially important in staying on top of all of the assignments for this course and giving yourself enough time to complete these assignments. These assignments aren’t ones that you can just half-ass and submit in 10 minutes, so it is important to give yourself enough time to complete these assignments. With all the assignments in this course, it can sometimes be difficult to remember what is due each week so that is where the calendar can definitely be your friend.
b.    Tip #2) Don’t stress yourself out
                                               i.     I think that when you start looking at all of the assignments that you have due for all of your classes, it can become overwhelming and stressful. Sometimes I find myself struggling to figure out where to start, but the key is to just take a deep breath and relax. Budget your time wisely so that you are able to spend adequate time planning out how to execute each assignment. Stressing yourself out is unnecessary and isn’t going to help you complete any of your work any faster so take a deep breath and relax.
c.     Tip #3) Take advantage of the class
                                               i.     Even though this class has no “tests”, the classwork being given is by no means “busy work”. The classwork provides an opportunity to learn through experience and if you are passionate about entrepreneurship it provides the opportunity to learn valuable skills in a creating a concept and starting up a company. You are only going to get out what you put into the class and I think that by putting in genuine effort into these assignments, you will get out a lot of interesting and useful information about the skills necessary to becoming a successful entrepreneur.
Image result for elon musk motivation

1 comment:

  1. Hi Javier,
    It is crazy to think that we are already halfway through this course. I think it was very inspiring to read that although you went through an accident, you still remained focus on your courses. I also agree with you to talk advantage of the canvas calendar, I just started using it more and it has been super helpful with planning ahead.

    ReplyDelete