Thursday, October 17, 2019

16A - What's Your Secret Sauce?

1)    Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.
o   Prior experience operating my own online business where I was able to achieve $8,000+ in sales
§  I think this prior experience has allowed me to learn a lot about how to run a successful business and the importance of marketing/communication.
o   Prior experience studying business in Madrid, Spain, which allowed me to develop a sense of global cultural awareness in understanding different markets
§  This experience opened my mind and allowed me to identify opportunities available in markets outside the United States, which could potentially provide expansion opportunities for my businesses in the future.
o   Strong Financial/Statistical Data Analysis Skills
§  Operating my own online business required me to learn/develop financial and statistical data analysis skills through tools such as Excel and QuickBooks.
o   Fluency in both English/Spanish
§  This allows me to be a better communicator and to reach a larger audience of people with my product.
o   Self-Motivated with a strong work-ethic that allows me to overcome anything that gets thrown my way
§  In starting up a company, having a strong work-ethic is very important as you will experience many obstacles and challenges and you must have the right mindset to become successful and overcome these hardships.

2)    Interview Summaries
o   Dad: The first person that I decided to interview was my dad. He mentioned that my competitive nature and work ethic would allow me to become successful as I always am working on bettering myself through learning different skills and exposing myself to new opportunities. https://soundcloud.com/javi-chacon-358244547/dad/s-0Gqdy
o   Mom: The second person that I decided to interview was my mom. She also mentioned my strong work-ethic and my attention to detail and related that to my online business that I operate. She stated how my online business allowed me to grow and develop key analytical skills. https://soundcloud.com/javi-chacon-358244547/mom/s-vf1ey
o   Brother: The third person that I chose to interview was my younger brother. Again, he mentioned my strong and determined work-ethic and my self-driven nature. He also mentioned something new, stating how I am a thoughtful thinker and make sure to think of the consequences of actions before deciding what decision to make. https://soundcloud.com/javi-chacon-358244547/brother/s-jTq5U
o   Roommate: The fourth person that I chose to interview was my roommate Pedro. I have known Pedro for almost 10 years and he mentioned that I am a logical thinker and make sure to think from different perspectives before making a clear decision. My background in finance and data analytics is also mentioned as a unique strength to me that would allow me to become successful as an entrepreneur. https://soundcloud.com/javi-chacon-358244547/pedro-dahl-roommate/s-Fq9B3
o   Roommate: The final person that I chose to interview was my other roommate Randimal. I have known him for 10 years as well and he mentioned my logical thinking and background of finance/data analytics as a major strength unique to my human capital. He thinks that my background operating my own online business will do good and serve as a unique experience that will allow me to become more successful in the future. https://soundcloud.com/javi-chacon-358244547/randimal-fonseka-roommate/s-nn9Qs

3)    Reflection

o   After conducting all 5 interviews, I can see that, for the most part, most people tend to agree with the unique attributes I bring to the table relating to human capital. My strong work-ethic was mentioned frequently and that allows me to become laser-focused on tasks thrown my way and that is especially important for an entrepreneur because there will be many challenges early on. There were not any clear differences that I could identify, as all of my interviewees pretty much painted the same picture of my skills/knowledge unique to my human capital. I think that my interviewees were all very accurate with their reflections of my human capital and even though new things were mentioned (such as my logical thinking skills), I wouldn’t really update the list as I feel the five that I have identified are the ones that make me the most unique and that are my strongest abilities.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Javier,
    I have to point out that your prior experience is very impressive! What I found interesting about your post is that you have already achieved a lot of the things that I want to achieve in life. I want to run a successful company when I grow up. Furthermore, I want to be bilingual and I would like to be able to master Microsoft Excel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Javier,
    Your prior experience of owning your own online business is a great character trait to have when describing yourself. Starting up a business is very difficult and having one that earns money is even more impressive. You have many skills that allow you to stand up over others, including being bilingual and having skills in finance and statistics. Your interviewees, I can admit, are people you are exposed to and are closest with the most. It is noticeable that all of your interviewees admired your work ethic and the skills you possess. Overall, I was able to get a thorough overview of you and your personality. I feel that you and your interviewees did an excellent job describing you, as there were no conflicting opinions. Great work!

    ReplyDelete