Thursday, November 28, 2019

30A - Final Reflection

·      I think that each of the elevator pitches stand out to me as the most formative experience in this class. They gave me a better idea of how to sell my business concept and I was able to apply the “selling” aspect of the assignment to “selling” myself in interviews and to recruiters. I will probably remember this experience later on as it has made me very comfortable with speaking and presenting an idea in front of people. The experience that I am most proud of was the networking assignment where we had to reach out to different experts within the field of our business concept. This made me more comfortable with reaching out to people and learning to not be afraid to reach out to others for assistance/help. Networking is a crucial part in becoming successful as an entrepreneur, so it was very cool to be able to work on that skill within this course.
·      I can see myself having developed an entrepreneurial mindset throughout this course. Working on my business concept has allowed me to become more creative with how I view product concepts and their applications. I have been able to learn a lot more about the entrepreneurial process and I think this has helped shape my mindset and change the way that I think about different things.
·      I would recommend that students make sure to focus on time management. There are many assignments in this course that are very tedious and require planning so time management is critical in ensuring they complete the assignments on time. I would also recommend that they take the time and actually invest their time/energy into this course. The more you put into the course and its assignments, the more you will be able to learn about the entrepreneurial process. To foster an entrepreneurial mindset, I would say to just actually put effort into the assignment and think about how the lessons from the lectures actually apply to the assignments assigned for this course.

Image result for entrepreneurship

4 comments:

  1. Hello Javier. After reading your posts over this semester I feel like you have learned a lot from your pitches as well. I saw the improvement, from the first one to the last. One starts to feel comfortable in front of the camera, which is a good skill to have. I also agree with your advice of time management being a very skill to have for this class. It is not hard, one only has to make the time to put in the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Javier,
    I'm proud of how far we've come this semester. I can tell from the assignments I've peer reviewed that you have developed as an entrepreneur and that your mindset has strengthened. Your elevator pitches and assignments have improved and bettered throughout the course. I agree with you that time management is key to succeeding in this class; additionally, I agree that applying yourself in this course is essential in maintaining an entrepreneurial mindset. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Javier,
    Throughout this semester, there were a lot of ups and downs, but I believe that I have come out a better entrepreneur for it and I agree with you when you said that this course that helped you with that. I think that time management is so important and that everyone should strive to obtain this skill. This skill can be somewhat easy to obtain as long as you put forth the effort and really dedicate time to it ironically. I can see the growth throughout this course and you gave great advice about time management as well, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Javier,
    Let me start off by saying that it was a pleasure reading some of you posts throughout the semester. They were all very creative and thorough which showed the effort that you put into your work. For this specific post, I thought that your analysis of your entrepreneurial mindset was great because i too can see how I developed that same mindset throughout this course.

    ReplyDelete